Yesterday afternoon I attended my advanced stampers group meeting at Sea Breeze. I love this group. It's a chance for me to stamp with others who love this art as much as I do. I get to go and learn from someone else without preparing a project. (Although I do present a project from time to time.) Shirley demoed this fabulous crisscross card. We receive a list of what to bring along with a picture of the project. I decided to make mine into a Christmas card. This long card fits into a business sized envelope so it is still mailable.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Christmas Messages, Flowering Flourishes, More Merry Messages, Tags 4 You
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Season of Style DSP
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler 1" Stitched Edge Grosgrain Ribbon, Pearls Basic Jewels, Stampin' Dimensionals
Tools: Label Bracket Punch, Artisan Label Punch, Corner Rounder Punch
- Cut Whisper White card stock to 9" x 12". Score at 4" and 8".
- Make a diagonal cut from 4" score line to bottom left corner. Make a diagonal cut from 8" score line to bottom right corner. This will form a trapezoid shape.
- Fold each corner in to form the crisscross front.
- Cut DSP to 8-1/4" x 3-3/4". Cut in half diagonally. Attach to each flap on the front of the card.
- Adhere both flaps at the bottom to form a pocket.
- Cut a piece of card stock 10" x 1-3/4" and wrap around card to form the belly band. Embellish with ribbon or additional DSP.
- Create a focal piece for on top of the belly band. I stamped an image from Tags for You and punched out with the Label Bracket Punch. Then I punched two more shapes from the Label Bracket Punch, cut them in half, and attached to the back of my punched sentiment. Adhere this focal image with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- To create the insert, cut Whisper White card stock to 7-3/4" x 3-1/2". Round corners and stamp with desired images and sentiments. Layer on a piece of coordinating card stock cut to 8" x 3-3/4" with corners rounded.
- Make a pull for the insert by punching two shapes from the Artisan Label Punch and adhering to the top of the insert on front and back.
- Add embellishments as desired.