Each year my mom & dad give cash for Christmas to everyone in the family. My mom has come up with lots of cute ideas in the past for presenting this gift, but she's not able to do this on her own anymore. So this year my sister sent me a picture of something she'd seen for giving money and asked if I could figure it out so she & mom could make these together. I assembled 20 kits and sent them off to my sister today. I know they'll have a lot of fun putting these together.
It's really pretty simple. Here are the directions if you want to make one too.
- Cut Real Red card stock 7" x 7". Score at 1-1/2" and 4-1/2".
- Stamp "VERY MERRY" from And Many More stamp set onto front of card using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
- Finish edge with border punch or edgelit. I used the retired Scallop Edge Border Punch.
- Fold up on 1-1/2" score line and make a pocket for the money. Use Tear & Tape Adhesive or Fast Fuse Adhesive to get a secure bond.
- Cut Basic Black card stock 1" x 7" for the belt. Score at 3-1/8" and 6-1/4". Fold on score lines and secure with adhesive. Slide onto card.
- Punch belt buckle with Label Bracket punch from Silver Glimmer paper. Attach to belt.
- For inside of buckle, punch a square from Basic Black card stock using the 1" Square punch. Attach to buckle.
- For buttons, punch three circles from Basic Black card stock using the 1/2" Circle punch. Add rhinestones to the center of the circle. Attach buttons to the front of card.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog