I had some requests for the directions to make the Tea Dispenser that I posted on Saturday. CLICK HERE to see the pictures of that project. So today I'm posting the measurements for this project. The original instructions are from Splitcoaststampers. However, they used 12 x 12 cardstock for the base and I wanted to use some cardstock that I didn't have in that size. So I tweaked the instructions and used 8-1/2 x 11 cardstock.
Cut from cardstock for the base and lid. I used Blushing Bride for this sample.
- 6 x 8-7/8
- 6 x 3-5/8
- 4-1/4 x 4-3/4
- 3 x 3-1/2
Cut from cardboard
- 3 x 3-1/2
Cut from DSP
- 2-7/8 x 4-3/4 (cut two of these)
- 2-3/8 x 4
- 2-3/8 x 4-3/4
On the 6 x 8-7/8 piece, score at 1" along the 8-7/8 side
Turn 90 degrees and score at 3-1/8 and 5-3/4
Also score the middle panel at 1-3/4 (see picture below)
On the 6 x 3-5/8 piece, score at 1" along the 3-5/8 side
Turn 90 degrees and score at 1/2 x 3-1/8
On the 4-1/4 x 4-3/4 piece, score at 3/4 on all four sides
|Score lines for Piece #1|
|Score lines for Piece #2|
|Score lines for Piece #3|
Cut lines are marked in red in pictures below
Cut up from the bottom to the second score line (1-3/4) on both sides of the middle panel
Cut up from the bottom to the score line (1") on both sides of the middle panel
Cut in from the sides on the score line to remove the corners
Cut one side of each corner to the score line
|Cut lines for Piece #1|
|Cut lines for Piece #2|
|Cut lines for Piece #3|
1. Apply strong adhesive such as Sticky Strip or Tear & Tape to the bottom of the middle section of Piece #1 and fold up on top (1-3/4") score line.
2. Apply adhesive strip to both 1/2" sides of Piece #2
3. Adhere Piece #1 to Piece #2
4. Add DSP pieces.
5. Put sides together to form a box.
6. Attach 3 x 3-1/2 cardstock to 3 x 3-1/2 cardboard. This will give the bottom more support.
7. Fold flaps to form bottom of box and apply adhesive strips generously to the bottom.
8. Attach the cardstock/cardboard piece to the bottom of the box.
9. Fold lid (Piece #3) on score lines and notch corners.
10. Form lid by securing the corners. I used glue dots to do this.
11, Put lid on box. This is the finished Tea Dispenser ready for embellishments.
Hope you enjoy making this adorable little box. Please leave me a comment and tell me how to plan to decorate your box.